In September of 2010, the organization began operating under the name, the Atlanta Public Sector Alliance (APSA). With an expanded vision and a refinement of its goals and objectives, a new organizational name was chosen to better reflect its work. As of March 2015, the organization became known as the Organization for Human Rights and Democracy (OHRD).
The Vision of the Organization for Human Rights and Democracy is for all people to govern the institutions, steward the resources and perform the cultural practices to safely pursue their full potential, in harmony with Mother Earth.
We are guided by a set of principles that together reflect our influences and commitments, our purpose and goals, and our process and approach. We believe in:
- Group-Centered Leadership by the Most Affected
- The Intersectionality of Oppressions
- Building Bridges and Multi-Issue Struggle
- Maintaining an International Perspective
- A Human Rights Framework
- Reflection and Action (Praxis)
- The Personal as Political
- Political Independence
- Principled Partnerships
- Principles over a Seat at the Table
- Whole People, Whole Movements
We're so glad you want to get to know us! Please view the below links for more information about who we are and what we're all about.